“Wine is sunlight held together by water” – Galileo Galilei
We are proud to bring you a carefully chosen selection of premium wines, many unique to Australia, from one of Germany’s leading wine houses, Brogsitter. As a family business, they are proud of their rich heritage and excellence in winemaking for over 400 years. Their winemaking is centred in the picturesque Ahr Valley, a tributary of the Rhine, and famous for exceptional Spätburgunder and Frühburgunder wines (Pinot Noir derivatives).
Brogsitter’s range of fine wines for Australia includes other well-known and not-so-known German varietal grapes: Riesling grapes from the steep slopes of the Moselle River and its tributaries, and Germany’s own 20th century ‘invention’ – red Dornfelder grapes.
If you require any other German wine specialties please ask us. We’re here to help!
- One of the oldest and most highly-regarded wineries in Germany
- Ahr wines rarely exported, due to local demand
- Multi award winning wines; 2009 Winery of the Year
- Michelin star restaurant, Sanct Peter; Guest house since 1246
- Family-owned; First to export German wine to USA (in 1860)
- 400+ years of winemaking expertise in every bottle